Welcome to the XML tutorial home. From here you will be able to access all tutorials & learning material, examples, resources, tools and references related to XML documents and the XML language. At the end of this tutorial you should:
- Understand what XML is
- Understand the XML language syntax and semantic rules
- Specify your own XML-based language derivative
- Perform simple programming tasks related to XML
- Understand the significance of XML to data interchange (publication and integration)
This is an ongoing project - Be sure to follow our site as we are constantly adding new content just for you! If you have a special request, contact us and let us know!
- Well Formed XML Documents - An XML document is "well formed" if it meets a number of critieria. This post covers those criteria in detail with examples.
- Special Characters in XML - Structured XML, irrespective of its purpose, is designed to carry data for a variety of purposes. The XML 1.0 standard defines 5 predefined entities - aka special characters.
- How to create a XML document - A newly created, in-memory, XML document is sometimes necessary for ad-hoc data manipulation and / or document generation.